Chapel Notre-Dame de Bon Secours or Tour Randonne
"Tour Randonne" was built in1280 by Baronne de Montauban, on a hill overlooking the village of Nyons. This medieval building was used as a keep and as the castle's military prison. It was then bought by abbot Francou, who turned it into a chapel.
The statue of the Virgin is 3,50m high. It is erected at the top of a 3-floor pyramid. The building, also called «Notre-Dame de Bon-Secours», was opened in 1863 by the bishop of Valence in front of 15 000 people.
Every 15th of August, a great festival recounts the origins of this monument.
Throughout the year : open daily.
Free of charge