Two villages so close, and nothing seemed to link except their administrative group in 1920. At the bottom of the Gervanne Valley, we arrive at Lozeron. Gigors is not far, but on another slope facing the valley of the Sye.
Of Roman origin, in the twelfth century the village belongs to the Counts of Valentinois.
From Gigors, raising very high eyes, one can see on the impregnable cliffs of the Savel plateau, the ruins of the castle, dating from the 12th century and ruined in the 16th century. A little apart, alone on its hillock, perched on a small pass that connects the two valleys, the beautiful Romanesque church of St Pierre de Gigors from the twelfth century attached to the Abbey of Cluny.
All year round, daily.
- Pets welcome