Village de Parnans
Entouré de collines, Parnans, a su conserver sa vocation rurale et fait preuve d'une grande vigilance quant à la protection du site et de l'environnement.
Number of inhabitants: 610
Area: 1,124 ha.
Located on a plain and surrounded by hills, the village of Parnans, to the east of Romans, has successfully preserved its rural identity and takes great care to protect its site and its environment. A waymarked path allows you access to a viewpoint indicator with panoramic views across the region.
The name Parnans appeared in 1068 and the name of the "De Parnans" family in 1070. Until the Revolution, the Parnans priory belonged to the Lord of Bressieux and half of the Saint-Evode church belonged to the monks who lived in Montmiral (deed signed in Vienne in 1068). The village was then divided into two hamlets, one with 26 families around the castle and another with 34 families around the priory.
In about 1500, the Count of Bressieux ceased to rule. His daughter married Guillaume de Claveyson, to whom she gave the Parnans lands as a dowry. Between 1604 and 1653, the prior was Mercule de Chambarand. The last lords of Parnans were the Bailly de Bourchenus, in 1620.
Vogue du Cabri le 1er week end de mai